CES 2019 is quickly approaching. If you haven’t started thinking about your marketing and public relations activities, now is the time! To guarantee media success at CES, consider these insider tips:
- Create a plan now: This should include your goals for CES, strategy and tactics and of course a detailed timeline to keep your team on track. Determine the new products you will announce at the show and the key messages you want to convey to the media.
- Personalized outreach: Identify your target media and begin outreach to set appointments for them to see your product at your booth. Be sure to include what makes your product new and exciting – why should they want to see it and write about it?
- Extra exposure: Submit your new products to the TWICE Show Dailies and CES Award programs for extra exposure that won’t cost you anything.
- Be prepared: Anticipate what the media will want/ask for at your booth and have it ready for them in a press kit, either online or on a USB drive. Press releases, high-res images, videos, company backgrounder and executive bios are a good place to start.
- Consider a press event: If you are looking to stand out from the 3,600 exhibitors on the show floor, consider attending a smaller press event such as Pepcom or Showstoppers, where you will have more one-on-one time with the media. Copernio clients receive a discounted rate at Showstoppers.
- Get social: Have a pre-developed plan for all of your social channels and how to maximize 3rd party social media channels during CES.
- Lights, camera, action: Have your PR team ready on-site with pre-set appointments, digital press materials and internet access to share your show success in realtime.
- Follow up: After the show, be sure to follow up with any media contacts you met with. Follow-up can make the difference between a long-term relationship and coverage, and a one-off mention of your product.
Copernio offers a full portfolio of marketing and public relations services for companies looking to stand out at CES. From start to finish, Copernio can customize a CES PR plan that works for you and your budget. Contact us today to learn more about how Copernio can help make your CES a success!